Tenancy Support Worker (Rotherham | Full Time)
Tenancy Support Worker
Hours: Full Time | Monday-Friday
Salary: £19,926 – £22,725 dependant on experience
Closing Date: 9th December 2021
Job Reference: 7581132
Target Housing is a Registered Social Landlord, providing supported accommodation across South Yorkshire and Humberside. We support around 1500 people at any given time to increase their independence, maintain their accommodation and achieve their potential. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team of highly skilled support workers and in return we offer a flexible and supportive environment with plenty of training and development opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced housing officer to join our team in Rotherham to work across our South Yorkshire project. Working in this project you will be working closely with clients to help them with sign ups and support them with housing benefits and rents. You will be responsible for assessing their financial circumstances and assist them to maximize their income and manage their personal budgets as well as offering advice and support. This role will involve working with outside agencies and professionals to deliver a high standard of service. You will be responsible for carrying out risk assessments and monitoring client’s compliance with their occupancy agreements as well as working closely with the maintenance team regarding repairs and voids.
- Experience of supporting clients in dispersed accommodation
- Knowledge of the welfare/benefits system
- Positive and supportive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of tenancy management
- Experience of working in potentially challenging situations
Travel around South Yorkshire will be required; a driving licence and vehicle is essential.
Why join us?
- Membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible schedule
- Training and development opportunities
- 28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays