Mental Health Support Worker (Sheffield | Full Time)
Mental Health Support Worker
Hours: Full Time | Monday-Friday
Salary: £18,926 – £21,041 dependant on experience
Closing Date: 8th December 2021
Job Reference: 7580897
Target Housing is a Registered Social Landlord, providing supported accommodation across South Yorkshire and Humberside. We support around 1500 people at any given time to increase their independence, maintain their accommodation and achieve their potential. This is a great opportunity to join our expanding team of skilled support workers. In return we offer a flexible and supportive environment with plenty of training and development opportunities.
The post holder will be based in Sheffield and will work closely with adults with complex mental health needs and support them to manage their mental health and wellbeing effectively. You will support our service users within shared living environments as well as delivering outreach support to clients in their own tenancies.
You will deliver high quality support to clients in order to achieve the aims and objectives as set out in their recovery focused, person centred support plan. You will also be involved in supporting clients with their daily living skills including shopping, attending their appointments, accessing community resources, health care and accessing and dealing with benefits to maintain a safe and comfortable living environment.
- Deliver 1:1 support to clients in line with the goals set out in their support plan
- Liaise with the client’s key worker regarding progress towards set goals
- Keep up to date, accurate and professional recordings of support delivery
- Liaise with external agencies and professionals involved in clients support
- Carry out and record health and safety checks in properties and report repairs
We are looking for a candidate with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have excellent time management skills and a strong working knowledge around health and safety legislation and processes around safeguarding adults.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and/or within a supported living environment
- An understanding of relevant legislation relating to vulnerable adults
- Experience of working in partnership with Local Authorities and Health/Social Care professionals
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care is preferred
Travel around Sheffield will be required; a driving licence and vehicle is essential.
Why Join Us?
- Membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible schedule