Housing Support Worker (Sheffield | Full Time FTC)
Housing Support Worker
Hours: Full Time | Monday to Friday (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: £19,926 – £22,725 dependent on experience
Closing Date: 9th December 2021
Job Reference: 7580580
Target Housing is a Registered Social Landlord, providing supported accommodation across South Yorkshire and Humberside. We support around 1500 people at any given time to increase their independence, maintain their accommodation and achieve their potential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and expanding supported accommodation project in Sheffield.
The post holder will be based in our Sheffield Project and will be working closely with clients to deliver a high-quality support programme that promotes client independence. Working in this project you will be working closely with clients to help them with sustaining their tenancies and work towards independent living as well as supporting them with housing benefits and budgeting. This role will involve working with outside agencies and professionals to deliver a high standard of service. You will be responsible for carrying out risk assessments for referrals and monitoring client’s compliance with their occupancy agreements as well as working closely with the maintenance team regarding repairs and voids.
- Experience of providing support to vulnerable people in a housing environment.
- Knowledge of the Welfare Benefits System
- An understanding of the Judiciary System in the UK
- Experience in risk assessment and support planning
- Basic IT skills suitable for an office environment
Why join us?
- Membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible schedule
- Training and development opportunities
- 28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
A full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle is essential.