Housing Support Worker – Rotherham
We offer a salary of £18,425 progressing to £18,940 on satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period assessment. Further increases after 1 year of service £19,970 and after 2 years £21,000. Other benefits include membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme; 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 after 5 years of service, plus statutory bank holidays.
A vacancy for a Housing Support Worker has arisen at Target Housing, a charity which houses and supports offenders and asylum seekers. The post holder will be based in our Rotherham Project and will be working within an accommodation based project with support services for vulnerable adults, particularly those individuals of an offending background and complex needs.
The Housing Support Worker will provide high quality housing management and support services to clients in order to assist them in sustaining their tenancies, achieving their potential and working towards a crime free lifestyle and independent living.
The post holder will be expected to travel locally on a regular basis. Therefore, a full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required. This position is based on 39 hours per week, working Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 5pm.
We offer a salary of £18,425 (pro rata) progressing to £18,940 (pro rata) on satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period assessment. Further increases after 1 year of service £19,970 and after 2 years £21,000. Other benefits include membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme; 28 days annual leave (pro rata) plus statutory bank holidays. Offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory criminal records check and references.
Closing date for applications 14th May 2019
For more information please contact Donna McGuiness at email@example.com
Mental Health Worker Sheffield
We offer a salary of £18,425 progressing to £18,940 on satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period assessment. Further increases after 1 year of service £19,970 and after 2 years £21,000 – Pro rata. Other benefits include membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme; 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 after 5 years of service, plus statutory bank holidays.
A vacancy for a Mental Health Key Worker has arisen within Target Housing’s mental health service. The post holder will be based in Sheffield and will support service users within shared living environments as well as delivering outreach support to clients in their own tenancies. Therefore a full driver’s license and access to a vehicle are preferred. This vacancy is for 24 hours per week.
As a key worker the post holder will deliver high quality support to clients in order to achieve the aims and objectives as set out in their recovery focused, person centered support plan. The key workers primary objective will be to support the client in ways which promote both their wellbeing and independence. This will involve supporting clients with; daily living skills, accessing community resources, accessing health care, accessing and dealing with benefits and maintaining a safe and comfortable living environment.
As a key worker the post holder will also be expected to:
- Write and review client risk assessments
- Review support plans alongside the service user
- Keep up to date, accurate and professional recordings of support delivery via Targets
- Liaise with external agencies and professionals involved in clients support
- Carry out and record health and safety checks in properties and report repairs
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and/or within a supported living environment
- An understanding of relevant legislation relating to vulnerable adults
- Experience of working in partnership with Local Authorities and Health/Social Care professionals
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care preferred but not essential
In addition to the above experience and qualification, we will be looking for candidates that have strong work ethic. This must include the following skills:
- Team work
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- IT literate (word, excel etc.)
- An organised and systematic approach to work with the ability to keep accurate and appropriate records
- Able to work flexibly to meet key objectives and willingness to comply with procedures and management requests
- Ability to keep calm when met with challenging behaviour.
The job role will include weekend and bank holiday working and the post holder will be expected to work flexibly in line with the requirements of the business.
Closing date for applications 17th May 2019.