Team Leader – Mental Health Project – Sheffield
Starting Salary: £22,440, after 6 months £23,460 + 1 year £24,480 Westfield Healthcare Benefit and Pension Scheme.
Target Housing provides accommodation and low level support services to asylum seekers in dispersed accommodation in South Yorkshire, across the East Midlands and Hull. We are successful in recently winning the Sheffield and Doncaster Contract for Offenders, along with all our projects in Rotherham, Hull and East Midlands.
• To work under the Service Manager to oversee a supported living service, ensuring that systems and standards are maintained to a high quality.
• To ensure compliance with all external regulatory standards.
• To provide support and supervision of Support Workers within the identified team.
• To support and supervise the delivery of person centered services to all people using the service
• To complete rotas for staff working within accommodation service
• To promote and support the health and safety of both people using the service and support staff
• To ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being
• To develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement
• To provide support and supervision to Support Workers, to ensure effective and efficient person centered service delivery.
Ideally you will hold an NVQ / SVQ 3 or a QCF level 3 award certificate or diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent, and have relevant experience preferably within the relevant field. You will have supervisory responsibilities therefore previous management/supervisory experience is essential.
Employment is subject to a full criminal records check, CTC Clearance and references. The post-holder must have a clean driving licence.
The deadline for applications is 18th October 2019
For more information telephone 03302020403 – option 2 then 6. An online Application is available at
www.targetsheffield.org.uk. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack
Mental Health Worker Sheffield
Full time Post (39 hours)
We offer a salary of £18,425 progressing to £18,940 on satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period assessment. Further increases after 1 year of service £19,970 and after 2 years £21,000 – Pro rata. Other benefits include membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme; 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 after 5 years of service, plus statutory bank holidays.
A vacancy for a Mental Health Key Worker has arisen within Target Housing’s mental health service. The post holder will be based in Sheffield and will support service users within shared living environments as well as delivering outreach support to clients in their own tenancies. Therefore a full driver’s license and access to a vehicle are preferred. This vacancy is for 24 hours per week. As a key worker the post holder will deliver high quality support to clients in order to achieve the aims and objectives as set out in their recovery focused, person centered support plan. The key workers primary objective will be to support the client in ways which promote both their wellbeing and independence. This will involve supporting clients with; daily living skills, accessing community resources, accessing health care, accessing and dealing with benefits and maintaining a safe and comfortable living environment.
As a key worker the post holder will also be expected to:
- Write and review client risk assessments
- Review support plans alongside the service user
- Keep up to date, accurate and professional recordings of support delivery via Targets
- Liaise with external agencies and professionals involved in clients support
- Carry out and record health and safety checks in properties and report repairs
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and/or within a supported living environment
- An understanding of relevant legislation relating to vulnerable adults
- Experience of working in partnership with Local Authorities and Health/Social Care professionals
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care preferred but not essential
In addition to the above experience and qualification, we will be looking for candidates that have strong work ethic. This must include the following skills:
- Team work
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- IT literate (word, excel etc.)
- An organised and systematic approach to work with the ability to keep accurate and appropriate records
- Able to work flexibly to meet key objectives and willingness to comply with procedures and management requests
- Ability to keep calm when met with challenging behaviour.
The job role will include weekend and bank holiday working and the post holder will be expected to work flexibly in line with the requirements of the business.
Closing date for applications 18th October 2019. For more information or to download an application pack please visit www.targetsheffield.org.uk , contact Donna at email@example.com 03302020403